Jens Lieberum's articles

ingwa

Jens Lieberum's articles

Postby ingwa » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:34 am

Jens Lieberum wrote a number of articles about evaluation functions in Amazons more than 10 years ago. I can't find them online now. Does anybody either have a copy that they could send me or point to where I can download them now?

ingwa

Re: Jens Lieberum's articles

Postby ingwa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:47 pm

Yes, that's the first and most important one. Thanks.

But he also wrote a number of followup articles which he published (only?) at his own website. And those I cannot find either. Any tips there?

Marcin

Postby Marcin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:13 pm

Try The Wayback Machine (http://archive.org). This is the snapshot of Jens's Amazong (sic!) page from 2006: https://web.archive.org/web/20060913213 ... /jenslieb/
If that fails, how about writing an email to him?

lorentz

Postby lorentz » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Are you sure there were others? My memory is there was only this one: Lieberum, J.: An Evaluation Function for the Game of Amazons. Theoretical Computer Science 349 (2005) 230-244, which is cited above.

P.S. If you are able to email him, perhaps you can also encourage him to send a message to me as well. I lost track of him over 10 years ago and would love to say hi!

ingwa

Postby ingwa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:58 pm

lorentz wrote:Are you sure there were others? My memory is there was only this one: Lieberum, J.: An Evaluation Function for the Game of Amazons. Theoretical Computer Science 349 (2005) 230-244, which is cited above.

P.S. If you are able to email him, perhaps you can also encourage him to send a message to me as well. I lost track of him over 10 years ago and would love to say hi!

Yes, I am quite sure. The others were not exactly articles, more notes only published on his personal web. But they contained some very interesting information about evaluation of Amazons positions.

I will try to see if I can dig up his current email and mail him directly. I will also make sure to mention your note above. :)

Return to “Amazons”